[zeromq-dev] Apparent queuing on PUB/SUB fan-in despite HWM=1

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Fri May 13 08:59:13 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Brian Rossa <rossabri at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Can you post a minimal Python test case, please?
> I've eschewed minimalism for realism here. I don't think it will be hard for
> you guys to reproduce my results, though; I've been tight with the code.

Brian, there are good reasons why we ask for a minimal test case. If
there is indeed an issue with pub/sub and hwm=1, then you can
demonstrate that in 10 lines of Python. Often, trying to reduce a
"realistic" example to a minimal one will show you where the problem
is.

Please do create a minimal test case that proves the issue, and which
we can then translate into C as we need to. Otherwise we'll conclude
it's something in your code.