[zeromq-dev] Duplicate messages on subscriber reconnect in pub/sub pair
benn at f5.com
Fri May 13 00:36:15 CEST 2011
Hi all -
Using bog standard code (see http://pastebin.com/W3AvhQn5), and then forcing the tcp connection between the publisher and the subscriber to be reset, I am seeing duplicate messages on the subscriber's side. I've observed this behavior both in 2.0 and in 2.1.7, and in C and python code.
Basic timeline of events:
* Start up publisher on some regular message generation loop
* Start up subscriber connecting to publisher.
* Validate that subscriber sees one message per publisher message.
* Force the connection to be closed - in my case, I attached gdb to the python process and close(fd)'ed the non-listening socket (easily identifiable via lsof).
* The subscriber auto-reconnects, but now receives duplicates of every message being sent.
* Is this expected?
* What should I be doing differently to prevent this from happening?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the zeromq-dev