[zeromq-dev] zeromq2 repository rename

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Sun Mar 27 18:49:24 CEST 2011

sustrik at 250bpm.com said:
> On 03/25/2011 09:24 AM, Pieter Hintjens wrote:
>
> > I've suggested rebaptising the core project to "core", "zcore", or
> > "libzmq". Any of these would work. We then get a clean structure where
> > this git holds the core library (master and all branches), and gits
> > like "zeromq2-2" hold the collection of projects in that distribution
> > package (libzmq, libpgm, libzapi, etc.)
>
> libzmq sounds ok. What I am interested in now is how the rename will
> affect the ecosystem. That's primarily auto-builds which will stop
> working at the moment of the rename, but also broken links for 3rd
> parties etc.

Off the top of my head:

- CIA.vc needs to be updated to watch the new repo. I can do that.
- Freshmeat, etc. need to be updated
- There are links all over the place, e.g. in the documentation, READMEs,
  and so on. These will need to be changed.
- It might be worth asking the Github people if they can set up a redirect
  from the old Git to new, at least for HTTP links.
- We should set a formal "flag day" for the change in advance.

-mato