[zeromq-dev] Why should I compile ZeroMQ to install it on .NET ? Are there any Zeromq. NET binaries already built ?

Michael Compton michael.compton at littleedge.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 23:38:30 CET 2011

Hi Pierre,

The .NET binding, clrzmq2, needs the libzmq binary to function, it is
only a binding of that library.

The choice of not packaging a binary is due to the fact that clrzmq2 is
cross platform and so packaging up a binary with it is not necessarily
appropriate.

The build process is pretty simple though, open the libzmq solution in
visual studio build, and grab the libzmq.dll file.

But having said that, there is some discussion of possibly providing
some form of packaging outside the clrzmq2 binding, to low bar for entry
level. Though I would like to say that eventually you probably want to
get the latest and greatest version direct from the repositories as the
packaged version is likely to be some what behind the latest version.

Cheers,
Michael