[zeromq-dev] Contribution process, revisited

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Mar 22 18:04:59 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Benjamin Henrion <bh at udev.org> wrote:

>> * github pull requests don't work except between an original git and
>> its forks. Thus they are useless for general distributed work.
>
> Can you explain why they do not work?

They work between a git and forks of that git. However you cannot fork
a git within the same organization (user profile).

So for example we have gits at https://github.com/zeromq/ which need
to exchange commits. They can't be forks of each other. So no pull
requests.

Meaning we have different processes depending on the original
construction of a repository, which is IMO a bad thing.