[zeromq-dev] ZMQ 2.1.3 w/OpenPGM Assertion on pgm_rate_check2()

Bob Beaty drbobbeaty at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 14:20:31 CET 2011

Steve-O,
  I received this assertion this morning: https://gist.github.com/881176 and it's pointing to the fact that data_size == 0, and that seems to be causing the assertion failure. My question is this: How could this happen?
  My code is very simple:

  std::string   aPayload;
  // do something to fill in the payload...

  if (!aPayload.empty()) {
    try {
      zmq::message_t  msg(aPayload.size());
      memcpy(msg.data(), aPayload.data(), aPayload.size());
      socket->send(msg);
    } catch (std::exception & e) {
      error = true;
      // log the problem
    }
  }

  There's no chance my zmq::message_t is empty, so if the data_size is from a message, then it makes no sense to me. Of course, it's completely possible it's from someplace else, but I wanted to be as complete in this as possible.
  Please let me know what I can do to help track this down.

    Thanks,
        Bob (drbobbeaty at gmail.com)
    The Man from S.P.U.D.
    We will write no code before it's designed.