[zeromq-dev] Majordomo Protocol (draft)

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Mar 1 20:19:24 CET 2011

Hi all,

As part of the documentation on reliability-over-0MQ (Chapter 4 of the
Guide), I've published a draft protocol that covers reliable
request-reply from a set of clients to a set of workers, across a
broker (enhanced least-recently used queue device).

The Majordomo protocol is specified here: http://rfc.zeromq.org/spec:7

This is an initial draft, I'm working on reference implementations
which will be in Ch4. It would be useful to know how useful this is to
others. It is still a very small protocol, which is deliberate. There
will be more complex varieties coming later.

-
Pieter Hintjens
iMatix