[zeromq-dev] Is recoverable swapping a possibility in the future?

Ian Barber ian.barber at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:34:15 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:

> There's no guarantee that two peers won't connect to 2 different sockets
> using the same identity.
>
> Identity is guaranteed to be unique among peers attached to a single
> socket. That's all.
>
> Anyway. No point in discussing it, as the messages are swapped to the
> file only in case of congestion, making the file useless for recovery.
>
> Martin

I think that this ties into the discussion of making SWAP a device anyway -
in my mind this kind of persistance and recovery should be pluggable, and it
really should be implemented as some sort of persistence device. If there
can be hooks in the library to making building this kind of thing easier
then that would be great - not sure what they would be though!

Ian