[zeromq-dev] Is recoverable swapping a possibility in the future?

Tony Cebzanov tonycpsu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 06:04:37 CET 2011

I understand that the swap file used by the ZMQ_SWAP option isn't
recoverable, and that any unsent messages are lost if the process
terminates.  My guess is that making it recoverable probably isn't a
trivial change, but I was wondering if this capability is something
that's been considered, or if it's considered completely out of scope.

It seems to me a lot of applications would probably be okay with
best-effort recovery, i.e. if a few messages ended up being dropped
because they weren't in the swap file or whatever, it's not a huge deal,
as long as some effort is made to restore at least some of the unsent
messages.

So, any chance of this happening?

Thanks.
-Tony