[zeromq-dev] Thinking out loud ...

Artur Brugeman brugeman.artur at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 12:34:43 CEST 2011

Hi, Andrew.

i don't understand what this sort of specification is meant to accomplish.

I said I didn't find a better place to post this on zmq website, so posted
it at rfc.zeromq.org. It is simply a too big for an email message. It is
meant to accomplish availability for people to read it.

it seems to be a description of a processing flow for a rudimentary job
> scheduling system.

If you say so :)

> but its not complete enough for anyone to use nor implement.

I'm ready to give enough details as I have a working implementation.

> its hard to discern what is 0mq related, and what is job scheduler related.

Martin posted some thoughts on "whether there's a way for 0MQ to be used as
an underlying layer to do routing for job scheduling systems". I felt that
rudimentary job scheduling system I described implements many of Martin's
thoughts. I implemented it on top of zmq using XREP, but feel that it is
simple and general enough to be moved to the zmq core as another message
pattern.

> and is the style to talk about such things on the list or on the web page?
>

> andrew

Brugeman