[zeromq-dev] Test case for the "Assertion failed: nbytes == sizeof (command_t)" error.

Luc Heinrich luc at honk-honk.com
Sun Jun 12 15:13:51 CEST 2011

On 12 juin 2011, at 12:30, Pieter Hintjens wrote:

> Conclusion: your error messages are the system-dependent result of
> corrupted 0MQ state cased by trying to do 0MQ calls from within the
> signal handler.

That makes sense, I changed the test case so the signal handler does nothing but switch the keep_looping variable (which is now therefore global) from 1 to 0. I have also removed the controlling socket which was used from the signal handler to wake up the poll call. So I'm down to this:

https://gist.github.com/1021535

And I *still* get this when pressing ctrl-C:

^CAssertion failed: nbytes == sizeof (command_t) (mailbox.cpp:194)
[1]    25990 abort      ./testcase

Luc Heinrich - luc at honk-honk.com