[zeromq-dev] Building the guide

Garrett Smith g at rre.tt
Thu Jun 9 15:48:18 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:

> The only case I've seen where a translation did not 'work' was when
> someone renamed the source files. As long as you stick to the same
> filenames for each example (changing only the extension), it'll all
> work.

I'm using "escript" files for Erlang, which can be executed from the
command line without compilation (and the resulting code has less
distracting boilerplate).

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/escript.html

I'm using an ".es" extension instead of ".erl". Any of the existing
".erl" files I've modified as little as possible, only to support
running as escript.

I realize I'm being a bit presumptuous in unilaterally changing to
escript, but the intent is to make it a pull option from git. Folks
can decide if it's preferable.

> So I'd suggest going ahead with the pull request, when you're ready.
> Just make sure you've fetched the latest git.

Will do.

Thanks!