[zeromq-dev] AOSA book

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Mon Jun 6 09:56:15 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 09:49, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:
>> I think most AOSA chapters focus on the technical aspects of projects.
>> This is not a book about the community side of open source projects,
>> it's a book about software architecture focusing on open source code.
>
> I guess my view about "software architecture" is that it's as much (or
> more) about people and how we work together as it is about algorithms
> and data structures, and this is particularly true in open source. But
> that's just my view :)

I agree that those things are important, too, but I think most people
(including myself) would consider them to be separate from the
software architecture. For example, community and process don't fit
the definition of software architecture as given by Wikipedia: "the
set of structures needed to reason about the system, which comprise
software elements, relations among them, and properties of both".

Cheers,

Dirkjan