[zeromq-dev] What is the difference between libzmq.dll and libzmq.lib under windows?

Seref Arikan serefarikan at kurumsalteknoloji.com
Sun Jun 5 22:47:12 CEST 2011

Thanks Pieter,
I've simply downloaded the latest 2.1.7 of zmq, and tested to see if
the same static lib size remains.
The issue is the configuration item "whole program optimization" under
general settings in project properties. When I turn that off the
static lib size is around 5 mbs. That goes up to 6 or 7 based on the
linked runtime. The dll is around 500 KB.  There are also issues with
the Visual Studio 2010 Express, since it can't seem to find inproc_lat
and inproc_thr projects, declared in the sln file.

Is anybody else able to confirm this? What would be the suggested
windows setup for zmq development under windows?