[zeromq-dev] Patch for cl-zmq: adds constants such as router, dealer, linger

Lucas Hope lucas.r.hope at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 01:35:03 CEST 2011

Hi there,

Attached is a patch for cl-zmq which updates and adds socket option
constants like router, dealer, linger. Some workarounds for namespace issues
had to be made, e.g. zevents, ztype, zfd instead of the preferred events,
type, fd. I chose that route because in particular 'type' messes with the
CFFI library.

I would have used a github fork request, but the common lisp bindings are
hosted on repo.or.cz. I did fork the repository as
https://github.com/lhope/cl-zmq which contains this commit.

This is my first formal commit to an open source project. I followed your
documentation, and I think everything is in order. I have a small bugfix
patch to come, too, as well as a zguide contribution. The zguide
contribution depends on this fix and the forthcoming one - due to the lack
of correct 'linger' handling in the current library.

Peace,

-Luke
Dr Lucas Hope - lucas.r.hope at skype
Machine Learning and Software Engineering Consultant
Melbourne, Australia