[zeromq-dev] Blocking on multiple outputs

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Thu Jun 2 08:03:24 CEST 2011

On 06/02/2011 07:53 AM, Pieter Hintjens wrote:

> The use case would be e.g. video distribution like Youtube, where
> clients can request a particular video, and a server will stream it to
> them.

Hm. That kind of thing breaks the basic assumption that message has to
is delivered to the endoint in full before it can be passed to the user.
Not observing the principle can lead to deadlocks. I would consider
whether 0MQ is a right tool to solve this kind of problem.

Alternatively, the "message" can be broken into a sequence of smaller
messages. In such case there's a new messaging pattern needed to
describe this kind of behaviour.