[zeromq-dev] Windows throughput perfomance. Once again.

Геннадий Казачёк gena.kazachek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:01:40 CEST 2011

31 мая 2011 г. 18:50 пользователь Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> написал:

> 2011/5/31 Геннадий Казачёк <gena.kazachek at gmail.com>:
>
> > So, the issue was about very low performance charts under Windows, using
> > tests in perf directory...
>
> We've had feedback from other people doing performance tests on
> Windows who have told us that they were either running on VMs, or
> running other (significant) software on the same machine, which in
> both cases caused performance to be extremely variable. Once they had
> a real box that had everything bogus taken off it, performance was
> stable and quite good.
>
> Can you exclude both these possibilities?
>
> -Pieter

Hello!
Both Win boxes are real machines. One of them is test stand, so no other
tasks were running for sure.
Second is my desktop, I turned off antivirus software, but with no effect (I
guess it would complain for attack if it blocked zmq).
Moreover when I ran zmq apps, I checked for zero CPU load and zero network
load on both machines.
So, yes.