[zeromq-dev] Problem with durapub2 example

Tonis Xie tonis.xie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:50:14 CEST 2011

Hi, Pieter

Thanks for your reply!

Let me explain what I did:

1. In file "durapub2.c" line 32, I commented out the "update_nbr < 10" in
"for (update_nbr = 0; /*update_nbr < 10*/; update_nbr++)" to make it loop
infinitely;
2. In file "durapub2.c" line 36, I changed "sleep (1);" to "usleep(500000);"
for faster message publishing;
3. File "durasub.c" was not changed;

Then I started durapub2 and durasub, things goes fine. But when I press
CTRL-C on durasub, wait a while and restart it again, all messages it missed
were received(no matter what number the hwm in durapub2.c was set to). And
if I did not restart durasub, the durapub2 will keep allocating more
memory infinitely until the system was broken.

Based on the above, I guess the high water mark had no effect at all!