[zeromq-dev] zeromq-3 and java bindings

Daniel Cegiełka daniel.cegielka at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 12:01:21 CEST 2011

> Hi Daniel,
>

>  I plan in the near future develop a project to which I have to use java.
>> Currently, support for java probably only applies zeromq-2.1. Is there
>> any information when it could be developed to support zeromq-3?
>>
>> I have a dilemma, should I choose zmq2 or zmq3. Zmq2 has a very
>> well-prepared documentation (and working code), but looking ahead, I
>> should rather choose zeromq 3.
>>

> It's time to update jzmq I guess :)

It will help a lot :) I'm trying to delay what I can to wait for the stable
release zeromq3 and java bindings. It would not make sense to create a
solution with broken compatability in futures.

> I can help with that, however, I am not a java person so it's hard for me
> to actually test the thing. Would you be willing to help with testing?

I also do not have experience in java. Unfortunately I have to use this
solution and zmq will works as a proxy between java and my c/c++ stuff.

Daniel