[zeromq-dev] PUB/SUB socket result in server's crash

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Jul 21 11:47:38 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:23 AM, yy l <liyongyan0523 at gmail.com> wrote:

> As you said, "test" code is almost commented out. But that is exactly what I
> confused. My server doesn't send any data but only bind the socket. However,
> it's memory still grows continunously.

Your client keeps connecting, which is incorrect. 0MQ sockets will
automatically reconnect when their peer comes online. So you create a
socket ONE time, connect ONE time, and then wait for data to arrive.

By creating sockets and connecting them over and over, you are doing a
denial-of-service on the server, and it is normal that the process
(server, and also client, probably) will run out of socket handles and
fill up memory.