[zeromq-dev] Pub/Sub questions

Marc Ilgen marc at westofpluto.com
Mon Jul 18 20:37:37 CEST 2011

Hello
Suppose I set up a client/server system with SUB and PUB sockets. I want the
client to have to authenticate its ability to subscribe and I want the
server to have the ability to unsubscribe a specific named client in the
case that the client's subscription credentials expire or become invalid for
any reason.

How can I do this? The only way I can think of to subscribe is to have the
client connect to the server in a REQ/REP fashion and send authenticate
information that way. But I can't see how a PUB socket can drop a
subscriber. Any ideas?

------
Marc Ilgen
marc at westofpluto.com