[zeromq-dev] IPv6 support (was Re: Leaving my role as maintainer)

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Sun Jul 17 07:51:46 CEST 2011

On 07/12/2011 03:32 PM, Martin Lucina wrote:

Ok. Thanks! Most of it makes sense, however, connecting to IPv4 and IPv6
in turns sounds strange.

My feeling is that, given the only problem is with resolving hostnames,
we should probably allow hostname to be tagged either as IPv4 or IPv6:

tcp://server0001.ipv4:5555

Or something in that vein...

Martin