[zeromq-dev] NewBie Question : Divide Conquer Example

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Wed Jan 19 10:07:55 CET 2011

Hi Kisalay,

> Is there an anomaly in my observations ?

It works that way. On the bind side of the connection there are no
queues at the moment you bind. The queues are created dynamically as the
peers connect. Thus, when there's no peer connected, there's nowhere to
store the message.

On the connect side on the other hand the queue is created straight
away. Thus, you can send messages immediately.

> My other question is towards the HWM and SWAP:
> Are these options applicable to PUSH-PULL sockets ?

Yes.