[zeromq-dev] nmap patch for github issues 147+149

Thijs Terlouw thijsterlouw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 13:51:22 CET 2011

> From: Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com>
> This is really great, thanks! Could you [...] resubmit the patch as a
> signed-off patch following those instructions?

in the first attempt i didn't use the correct style guidelines, so I
updated the code but now it results in two patch files. I cannot find
a way to merge all changes into one patch, but at least it's
signed-off now.

Regarding testing: I found only a few tests in the /tests/ directory.
Did you consider adding more tests based on the Googletest unit
testing framework? I have been using it lately and it's quite easy to
use. Testing multi-threaded and networking code is always quite hard,
but I could give it a try. The issues with nmap might also be found
with some good unit tests.

Thijs