[zeromq-dev] ZMQ_HWM doesn't work?

Pavel Gushcha pavimus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:02:36 CET 2011

Hello zmq developers!
i figured some problems with my working application and successfully
extracted zmq test case. I wrote simple ST_PUSH/ST_PULL pressure test
programs (see attach), that uses watermarks. Producer is sending
messages in loop, consumer receives them, but with one second pause
between messages. When i start producer, it hangs until i start
consumer. this is ok. When consumer is started, producer start to send
messages without any limits and eat all available memory.

At my box this behavour is reproducible with zmq 2.1.0 and current
master branch. May be something is wrong with test programs?

Thanks for help!