[zeromq-dev] source material for TIBCO to ØMQ migration

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Thu Jan 6 09:39:20 CET 2011

Somewhere.  Here is the basic package, compresses pretty well (8KB).  It's
only C code, I have C++ and Java equivalents but I don't think they help too
much.

http://miru.hk/archive/patterns.1.tar.bz2
md5sum: 49d3b8d2bbccb62a13e17bef84332bc5

There are obvious gaps in ØMQ that need to be rationalized, possibly with
brokers as per The Guide.  Similarly some patterns in the TIB are
architecture limitations that do not need direct equivalents, i.e. broadcast
request and reply.

The major target architectures are namely FT request-reply, how to replicate
a primary-secondary model; anonymous distributed request-reply which in
itself isn't useful but leads to the usage of certified distributed
request-reply which is commonly used as a high speed alternative to
guaranteed once-only transactional middleware systems like TIBCO RVTX, TIBCO
ETX, and IBM WebSphere MQ.

--
Steve-o