[zeromq-dev] connect from a different thread

Gaspard Bucher gaspard at teti.ch
Sun Jan 2 09:59:47 CET 2011

I have a zmq.SUB socket handling remote messages in thread A. It spends most
of its time in recv().

Some other thread B running mDNS finds services and I want it to connect the
subscriber (created in thread A) to the remote end.

Is it ok to connect from a different thread ?

Is it ok to connect while the socket is in recv() ?

If not, one solution I see would be to connect the subscriber to an ipc
socket (created in the mDNS loop) to receive connection info. Is this the
way to handle such a pattern ?

Cheers,

Gaspard