[zeromq-dev] IPC on Windows

jose simas josesimas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 15:40:17 CET 2011

Hi,

The documentation for zmq_ipc(7) says: "The inter-process transport is
currently only implemented on operating systems that provide UNIX
domain sockets.". Does this mean that it is not implemented in
Windows? If so, are there any plans to support this platform for IPC?

I am asking this because I am able to use zeromq with sockets and
inproc but I get a "Protocol not supported" exception when I call
sock.Bind(@"ipc://named_file").

I am using clrzmq 1.0 with zeromq-2.1.1. and c# 4.0 on Windows 7.

Cheers,
Jose