[zeromq-dev] Assertion failed: ok (xrep.cpp:173)

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Mon Feb 28 15:28:53 CET 2011

On 02/28/2011 03:19 PM, Ilja Golshtein wrote:

  2.1.1 looks exactly the same - same assert and same write() behavior,
> though I have to admit I did not try it in action.
>
> I suggest we should get rid of the assert (or put   "ZMQ_HWM option action       Crash" for ZMQ_XREQ ;)  )

The assertion ensures that multi-part message is passed as an atomic
unit. Removing it would just obfuscate the problem.

The real problem is in other parts of the codebase, and presumably it's
fixed in master. In case you manage to reproduce the problem, please try
with master and let me know whether the problem persists.