[zeromq-dev] How to gracefully terminate ZMQ

Christian Gudrian christian at gudrian.org
Mon Feb 28 09:17:22 CET 2011

Hello!

According to the documentation one is required to close all open sockets
before terminating the context. Otherwise zmq_term might block forever.
But what do I need to do if one thread is currently within a blocking
call to zmq_send or zmq_recv? Before ZMQ 2.1 it was possible to call
zmq_term and have the threads handle the ETERM condition. Now I'm
required to close a socket which is currently sending or receiving. Not
a good idea either, is it?

Christian