[zeromq-dev] perl binding never completes "init".

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Sun Feb 20 00:19:31 CET 2011

* On Thu, Feb 17 2011, Vick Khera wrote:
> Time to put on my perl XS module authoring hat and dive into the glue
> code... at least I have plenty of experience with that... :)

Also, try my ZeroMQ::Raw binding, which adds no extra code like the
other binding does.  It's basically a straight wrapper, with the sugar
layer in a separate module (AnyEvent::ZeroMQ::Handle).  The ZeroMQ
binding on CPAN does weird stuff like bake in JSON support, which I
found to be an odd choice.

Both are available from Github:

https://github.com/jrockway/zeromq-raw/tree/copying-is-excellent

(master suffers from some thread safety issues that I hope to resolve in
the near future)

https://github.com/jrockway/anyevent-zeromq