[zeromq-dev] basic pub/sub using erlzmq

Vladimir Lebedev valebedev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 16:27:56 CET 2011

Dear All,

Maybe this was already asked on the list, so I'm sorry if I ask again.

I just have tried to use erlang binding of zeromq and found this strange
thing: if you will use sample code for pub/sub (zmq_pubserver.erl and
zmq_subclient.erl), and run publisher with 0 ms delay in publish loop
(e.g. using run(50,0)) then you will get no messages on subscribers
received. On the other hand, if you will increase the number of messages
up to 10000 (run(10000,0)), you will see the subscribers start getting
last 500 messages. If publisher is started with any delay bigger than 0,
then everything works as expected.

Is it bug or feature? :)

Best regards,
Vladimir

P.S. Both zeromq and erlzmq were built against their master branches on
github.com.

--
Vladimir Lebedev
valebedev at gmail.com