[zeromq-dev] zmq REQ to multiple REP sockets (Pieter Hintjens)

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Feb 10 15:11:38 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:44 PM, malist <mailing.list at manageapp.com> wrote:

> If this is going to work the code will be running inside database server application. It must not crash ever so next I have to figure how to change all assert commands in zfl to return nicely and maybe report errors with inproc channel. I'm not expert in C, maybe this could be done with some macro?

You really don't want to remove the asserts in ZFL. They handle
application programming errors and/or fatal conditions that will cause
a crash in _any_ case. The whole point of using assertions in this way
(and note, it is about validating internal consistency, not validating
input from the outside world) is to create applications that do not
crash.

Put this another way, if you write an application that is capable of
triggering a ZFL assertion, you have a faulty application.