[zeromq-dev] zmq REQ to multiple REP sockets

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Feb 8 20:49:48 CET 2011

Hi James,

You would want to use XREQ and XREP sockets, probably, and manage
timeouts using poll. There is a fairly detailed example of an RPC
client and server in C, which can help give a design.

https://github.com/zeromq/zfl/blob/master/src/zfl_rpc.c (client)
https://github.com/zeromq/zfl/blob/master/src/zfl_rpcd.c (server)

This should be documented in Ch4 of the guide at some stage.

-
Pieter Hintjens
iMatix