[zeromq-dev] Strategy for a Reverse HWM?

dave mankyd+zeromq at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:45:18 CET 2011

The high water mark feature for pub-sub sockets is a nice way to prevent
queue explosion. It works by throwing away new messages in favor existing
messages on the queue. However, I am looking for the something like opposite
- if a message has been hanging around unread, and new messages start coming
in behind it, I want to throw away the old message in favor of the newer
messages.

Has anyone implemented anything like this? Ideally, there would even be a
TTL, so that messages would get discarded after a certain amount of time,
regardless of whether something else was coming in behind them.

-dave