[zeromq-dev] Getting rid of RLIMIT_NOFILE

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Thu Feb 3 09:25:25 CET 2011

On 02/03/2011 09:17 AM, Pieter Hintjens wrote:

>> Check mikko's auto-builds (build.valokuva.org). He's already building on
>> several OS platforms (linux, freebsd, solaris, win7).
>
> Well, who is not familiar with Mikko's amazing autobuilds? :-) Of
> course this gives us a 100% confidence for those projects / OSes. But
> there is a long list of OSes that we claim to support, and no visible
> indicator of which we know work, and which we don't.
>
> For example I had no idea the AIX issues were solved, it's not
> documented anywhere afaics.
>
> Of course the question is 'who will track such information' but at
> least we could foresee a place for this on the wiki.

Once it comes to proprietary OSes the licensing becomes a problem as well.

Moreover, some of the systems may be hard/impossible to virtualise so
you would need dedicated hardware to do the build.

One proprietary OS that may be solvable is HP-UX. HP provides free
access to HP-UX boxes for developers under DSPP programme. It's not
clear whether the build can be automated though.