[zeromq-dev] For Review - suggestions for making jzmq a little more maven friendly

gonzalo diethelm gonzalo.diethelm at dcv.cl
Tue Feb 1 21:47:16 CET 2011

> On 01/21/2011 06:32 PM, Michael Kogan wrote:
> > This is a bit tricky. In my current state "git format-patch" does
> nothing.
> > I am not sure what to do here - most of the changes involve the file
> hierarchy (and pom.xml and src/Makefile.am) - no source changes.
>
> As I said, jzmq project maintainers don't require sign-offs. So the
> existing diff should do.
>
> Gonzalo, what do you think?

Hello, I am back...

I am OK with changing jzmq to be more maven-friendly (although I personally don't like maven a lot...). But I would rather do it differently:

1. Someone (Michael) specifies on the list the exact directory structure to be followed.

2. I change that first, without adding files or changing any content in the existing files; commit; I make sure everything works as before. (Does "git mv" work?)

3. Someone (Michael) provides a patch that adds any required files for ant (which I like) and/or maven, and modifies whatever is necessary in the existing files (hopefully, very little).

What do you think?

--
Gonzalo Diethelm