[zeromq-dev] PUB-SUB works, server restarts, PUB-SUB fails for existing workers.

alotsof alotsof at gmx.net
Tue Aug 30 05:49:52 CEST 2011

>> 2. if the server starts the worker *after* setting up 0MQ, then I get
>> the error message: "Address already in use" when I kill and try to
>> restart the server.
>
> So in this case do you have two instances of the server running at the
> same time?

No. I start only one instance of the server (and I checked with htop).

With tcp transport, I get the 'address already in use' error message.
With ipc transport, I get no reconnection.

What surprises me though is that I can reduce the problem to one of
order of execution:

- spawn worker first, setup 0MQ second: reconnection works.
- setup 0MQ first, spawn worker second: reconnection fails.

and I have no good explanation for this behaviour: it should work either
way, and it doesn't.