[zeromq-dev] Cross -Compiling with gcc-3.3.1

Mikko Koppanen mikko.koppanen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 02:07:40 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Alex Ramirez <alex.r.ramirez at gmail.com> wrote:
> The link errors of interest I'm seeing in this example are:
> undefined reference to `std::char_traits<unsigned char>::copy(unsigned
> char*, unsigned char const*, unsigned)'
> undefined reference to `epoll_create'
> undefined reference to `epoll_ctl'
> undefined reference to `epoll_wait'
> All these calls appear to link to libstdc++.so.6, and gcc-3.3.1 is only
> compatible with libstdc++.so.5.
> Any support is greatly appreciated!

Hi,

the epoll errors are caused because there is no epoll available on the
target platform. If you add -DZMQ_FORCE_POLL to CPPFLAGS it should
take care of those. I think the second error (I assume) is because too
old toolchain and ZeroMQ blob.hpp, which has the following:

typedef std::basic_string <unsigned char> blob_t;

You might be able to fix this by similar fashion to:
http://www.google.com/codesearch#NpsCNDAcr4w/MorphKad/id3lib/include/id3/id3lib_strings.h
(haven't got this old toolchain to test so just guessing here).

--
Mikko Koppanen