[zeromq-dev] Issues with Java bindings on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Joshua Foster jhawk28 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 23:34:51 CEST 2011

You need to subscribe to the data. You don't receive any messages until a filter pattern is applied.
listener.subscribe("".getBytes());

Be aware that the Pub/Sub sockets are non durable and that they often lose the first set of messages send due to the time to connect and subscribe. You will want to add a sleep to the publisher after connect.

Joshua