[zeromq-dev] 2.1.8?

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon Aug 29 19:26:36 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan at ochtman.nl> wrote:

> It's just that I have the feeling that sometimes releases get delayed
> because people are busy doing other things, or don't really have
> ZeroMQ releases on their mind.

Sometimes that happens but it's rare. Making a release is really quite
simple. So releases are driven by the amount and frequency of change,
and the demand from users, which depends on how broken the previous
release is/was.

> I worked on one project where there are
> monthly patch-level releases, and I really like the predictability of
> that (of course it depends on the overhead of releases).

Releases are not much work. It's really a matter of demand.

> Fair enough. I guess we should just write more automated tests.

It would be great to have someone do this: collect regression tests
that can be run on each release. It's an insane amount of work though.