[zeromq-dev] 2.1.8?

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Mon Aug 29 17:17:35 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 17:13, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure schedules are useful since we are always on a curve (more
> releases when a branch is immature, fewer as it matures). But in
> general we release when there've been a reasonable number of fixes and
> changes.

It's just that I have the feeling that sometimes releases get delayed
because people are busy doing other things, or don't really have
ZeroMQ releases on their mind. I worked on one project where there are
monthly patch-level releases, and I really like the predictability of
that (of course it depends on the overhead of releases).

> We've tried limited releases before, e.g. tagging on the repository,
> but in fact close to no-one tests them. Experience tells us that
> people only test official releases and for the most part, stable
> releases only. You can see, e.g. how few issues we have on 3.0.0.

Fair enough. I guess we should just write more automated tests.

Cheers,

Dirkjan