[zeromq-dev] pub/sub performance help

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon Aug 29 12:31:25 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:18 AM, ZOUNG KALACK Jimy (EXT)
<jimy.zoung-kalack-ext at sgcib.com> wrote:

> I’ve got a simple pub/sub running on the same box
> The publisher sends 10 000 in a loop. The message is just a timestamps.( creation date)
> 1-      Surprisingly, the subscriber is able to read only 6 000. I don’t understand why

Without seeing test code, it's hard to know what you mean by "in a
loop", but in general the subscriber will always lose the first
100msec of data (roughly) sent by the publisher at startup.

The sequence is:

- subscriber starts
- publisher binds socket
- subscriber launches connect to pub socket
- publisher starts to send messages
- subscriber connect completes
- subscriber starts to receive messages

> 2-      Does the latency curve below make since to you guy

What does the X axis represent, is that message size?