[zeromq-dev] pub/sub performance help

ZOUNG KALACK Jimy (EXT) jimy.zoung-kalack-ext at sgcib.com
Mon Aug 29 11:18:29 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've got a simple pub/sub running on the same box
The publisher sends 10 000 in a loop. The message is just a timestamps.( creation date)
The subscriber reads the message and calculate the latency of each message in milliseconds (Ln = In-On) according to the guide.

1-      Surprisingly, the subscriber is able to read only 6 000. I don't understand why

2-      Does the latency curve below make since to you guy

 [cid:image002.png at 01CC663D.60F21DA0]
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations couvertes
par le secret professionnel.
Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.