[zeromq-dev] Does zeromq support JMS?

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Aug 25 19:09:47 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:

>> Does zeromq support JMS or Are your considering whether it is necessary
>> to do so?
>
> I recall someone was working on JMS wrapper for 0MQ but I'm not sure it
> ever materialised or whether it was made public.

As far as I know, no such wrapper ever made it to the outside world.

SunCan, it should be quite easy to make a bridge, i.e. a Java app that
acts as a JMS provider at one side, and talks 0MQ at the other. The
difficulty will be in mapping JMS constructs to 0MQ socket types. You
might start simply with, e.g. JMS topic destinations mapped to 0MQ
pub/sub sockets.