[zeromq-dev] ioCompletion ports

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Aug 25 19:07:55 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Gary Davidson
<Gary.Davidson at interclick.com> wrote:

> Are there any plans to add I/O completion ports in an upcoming release?

Long answer:

We don't actually plan 0MQ development, it happens opportunistically
on the basis of people solving problems they have defined as
"interesting" in some arbitrary sense. Usually, because they want the
results for their projects in one way or another.

There's a growing school of management that understand this process
and applies it to business (in open source it's becoming fairly well
understood). See
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2011/07/08/the-five-big-surprises-of-radical-management/

As a consequence, there are no feature requests, no schedules, no
promises, and the main work of those "in charge" of the project is to
enable others, remove obstacles, help with communications, etc.

Short answer:

If you think this would be useful for you, you can either add it to
the product (as a contribution), or you can fund another team or
individual to build it and contribute it. Both models work well.