[zeromq-dev] Coordinating two different processes

Matt Haberman mhaberman at msmnet.com
Wed Aug 24 20:38:09 CEST 2011

I have a design question about how to best coordinate two different processes. Let's say I have two steams of data, Data Stream A which is pub-sub and Data Stream B which is request reply. Data Stream A contains updates to meta data that determines how Data Stream B should be processed. In certain cases, I need to ensure  that Data Stream A is received and processed before Data Stream B if Data Stream A was sent before B - otherwise Data Stream B might be processed incorrectly. Any ideas on how to best accomplish this?

Thanks,
Matt