[zeromq-dev] Named pipe

BLOTTIERE Paul paul.blottiere at fr.thalesgroup.com
Tue Aug 23 13:16:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm working with debian and I would like using named pipe with zmq 2.1.7. So, I modified the Broker in the Request-Reply-Broker (example in the Guide) in order to poll a named pipe with a file descriptor (the file is joined).

What I want to do : the broker send a message to the server (backend) when a client send a message with the named pipe to the broker.

With the assert(0) (line 78 in the file wich is joined), I checked the broker well receives the message from the client when the buffer is not empty (i.e when a client writes on the other side of the named pipe). However, the server doesn't receive the message whereas
the broker send a message to the backend (line 77 in the file wich is joined).

Would you mind helping me please?

Rgds,

Paul B.