[zeromq-dev] Advanced request/reply broker pattern

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon Aug 22 18:58:48 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Zachary Turner <divisortheory at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to model a situation that's a little similar to the Request-Reply
> Broker in the zmq guide, but not quite.  I'm having trouble figuring out how
> to model the scenario.

There is actually a worked example that comes pretty close, it's the
Inter-broker routing model of Ch3. Difference is your brokers are also
workers.

You should use DEALER sockets in your clients and ROUTER sockets in
the servers. These will continue to work in all future versions of 0MQ
(actually, merged into one single socket type in 4.0). Don't use
ZMQ_IDENTITY, but you should not need to.