[zeromq-dev] Problems configuring zeromq on Suse with libuuid in non-standard location

biederm at googlemail.com biederm at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 18 09:56:54 CEST 2011

Hello there,
I have a problem to run configure on a Suse system.
I don't have root access there, so I can not install uuid-dev to its default
location.
So I build it in my home directory:

/home/tom/libs/uuid/lib/libuuid.so

Now I tried various things with configure, e.g.:

./configure --prefix=/home/tom/libs/zeromq/
PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=-L/home/tom/libs/uuid/lib

./configure --prefix=/home/tom/libs/zeromq/ LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS}
-L/home/tom/libs/uuid/lib"

./configure --prefix=/home/tom/libs/zeromq/
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/tom/libs/uuid/lib/

and always get the following:
configure: error: cannot link with -luuid, install uuid-dev.

Does anybody know how to make it work, without root access and uuid in a
non-standard directory?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom